GenoSUR - Sampling and transport device for
SARS-CoV-2 and other respiratory viruses
Does not require cold chain transportation, stabilizes the sample and inactivates the coronavirus responsible for COVID-19 and any other pathogens in the sample. Get tested anywhere, safely. #STAYATHOME
How does it work?
GenoSUR's Device for sampling and transport of SARS-CoV-2 and other respiratory viruses, allows health professionals to sample patients suspected to be infected, virtually anywhere.
This Medical contains DNA/RNA Shield™, a reagent that allows room temperature transport of samples, inactivation of all pathogens and preservation in optimal conditions for detection of SARS-CoV-2 and other respiratory viruses in the clinical diagnostics laboratory.
Patient becomes symptomatic or has been in contact with someone with COVID-19
Health professional uses the GenoSUR's device to sample the suspected patient
Using a nasopharyngeal swab, the patient is sampled. The swab is immersed in DNA/RNA Shield™.
The sample is then stored in a secondary container, and the secondary container in a tertiary container for safe transport.
The sample is transported into the clinical diagnostics laboratory at room temperature for analysis.
Once in the laboratory, the sample is processed and analyzed using molecular biology techniques such as RT-qPCR to detect RNA viruses, or qPCR for DNA viruses.
Why choose GenoSUR's device for respiratory virus sampling and transport ?
This medical device allows for a smarter and cost effective sampling of patients suspected to have COVID-19 and/or other respiratory viral infection. The technology and design of this device has the following advantages over other sampling and transport methods.
Reduced sanitary risk associated with sampling, transportation and sample handling
GenoSUR's design allows for sampling away from emergency rooms and other places were a suspected patient may come in contact with an infected patient. It also inactivates viruses and any other pathogens in the samples, thus making the samples safer to transport and handle in the laboratory.
Increased chance for detection of viral load in samples
DNA/RNA Shield™, prevents the degradation of viral RNA, stabilizing the sample once it comes into contact with it.
Simplified sample transport
Stabilized samples do not require cold chain transportation, samples can be transported at room temperature and even shipped over long distances to be analyzed.
ABOUT THE DEVICE
GenoSUR - Sampling and transport device forSARS-CoV-2 and other respiratory viruses has several advantages over UTM media, and Viral Transport Media (VTM).
- Our device comes in a format that allows to sample patients outside of the hospital, it can be taken anywhere to safely sample a potential COVID-19 case.
- It inactivates all types of pathogens, including SARS-CoV-2 , allowing for a safe transport and handling of the samples.
- It preserves the genetic material of the respiratory viruses, such as SARS-CoV-2, and thanks to this technology, a cold chain is not required for sample transportation.
The sample is kept in optimal conditions for analysis via qPCR, allowing to start the diagnostic process with a sample in optimal stability conditions.
The device is made in our factory under ISO 13485:2016 to ensure quality throughout the entire manufacturing process.
It doesn’t require a cold chain, since one of the main benefits of the device is that it allows for the transport of the sample at room temperature. The sample is stable and storable for a month at room temperature, and for a year at -20ºC.
No, this is a device for taking and transporting a sample to a laboratory, the clinical or molecular biology laboratory will make the diagnostic.
This device is designed to use only one test swab, according to the recommendation of the CDC from the United States government in response to the lack of test swabs, which is to only do the nasopharyngeal swab.
f the sample came into contact with the reagent, the reagent inactivated all the pathogens that were present in it, including the SARS-CoV-2. The secondary container includes an absorbent to prevent the existence of a spill in its exterior, in case a tube inserted wasn’t closed properly. In regards to the exterior surface of the tube and the rest of the components, you must proceed to the biosafety protocol and disinfect according to the established protocol.
The device concentrates the entire sample in a volume of 500 µL, of which it’s recommended to remove 200 µL (40% of the entire sample) to proceed to the process of extraction of RNA and to save the rest as a countersample.
The reagent used is DNA/RNA ShieldTM and it is compatible with the methods of extraction through columns and automated both with columns and magnetic beads.
If a greater volume is required for processing, you can dilute in Buffer TE to achieve the desired volume. You will retain 40% of the sample in a larger volume.
- View purification protocol using Zymo Research columns
- View purification protocol using automated system with Zymo Research magnetic beads
- Before opening the cap of the tube make sure the sample is at the bottom of the tube and there are no residues of the liquid on the cap. You can use a mini-spin or centrifuge to move the liquid to the bottom of the tube prior to opening it.
- Do not remove the swab from the tube when you remove the 200 µL.
If you have any doubts, or require a different tube for the sampling that is compatible with your system of automated extraction, please contact us at [email protected]
In case of:
- Ingestion: Wash your mouth. Call a doctor if you don’t feel well.
- Contact with the skin: Wash with abundant water. Remove the contaminated clothes and wash them before wearing them again. Dispose of the content/ container according to the local/ regional/ national/ international regulations.
- Contact with the eyes: If skin irritation occurs: Seek medical treatment/ advice. If eye irritation persists: Seek medical treatment/ advice.
¿Estás interesado en adquirir nuestro Kit?
- Después de abastecer al Ministerio de Salud de Chile procederemos con la aceptación de pedidos.